The Ministerial Leadership in Health (MLIH) Program is a joint initiative of the Harvard School of Public Health and the Harvard Kennedy School in association with the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (UK) and the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation.
Based on the premise that sustainable improvement in health care delivery and outcomes is dependent on effective ministerial leadership and political commitment, the MLIH Program works with serving health and finance ministers with the goal of enhancing ministerial effectiveness, increasing health service efficiency and standards of care, and improving patient satisfaction and health outcomes. The MLIH Program combines ministerial level support with a customized process tailored to the specific needs and priorities of participating countries.
In April 2013, the Harvard School of Public Health, in partnership with the African Development Bank, launched the first Ministerial Forum for Finance Ministers. This initiative extends the MLIH Program to include serving Finance Ministers in Africa with the principal goal of enhancing innovative thinking in health financing by learning from international experience and advancing insights into health as a key component of national economic development.
- Albania: The Hon. Mr. Ilir Beqaj Full Profile >>
- Angola: The Hon. Dr. José Vieira Dias Van-Dúnem Full Profile >>
- Benin: The Hon. Dr. Dorothée Kinde-Gazard Full Profile >>
- Burkina Faso: The Hon. Mr. Léné Sebgo Full Profile >>
- Cape Verde: The Hon. Dr. Cristina Fontes Lima Full Profile >>
- Malaysia: The Hon. Dr. Subramaniam Sathasivam Full Profile >>
- Senegal: The Hon. Dr. Awa Marie Coll-Seck Full Profile >>
- Swaziland: The Hon. Ms. Sibongile Ndlela-Simelane Full Profile >>
- Taiwan: The Hon. Dr. Wen-Ta Chiu Full Profile >>
- The Gambia: The Hon. Mr. Omar Sey Full Profile >>
- Uganda: The Hon. Dr. Ruhakana Rugunda Full Profile >>
Dame Tessa Jowell is a Member of Parliament and former Public Health Minister and Secretary of State for Culture and the Olympics for the United Kingdom. The Honorable Dr. Crispus Read More…
The 2014 Ministerial Health Leaders’ Forum took place June 1 – 5 at the American Academy of Arts and Science in Cambridge, MA. The Forum convened Health Ministers from 11 Read More…
Linah Mohohlo, Governor of the Bank of Botswana
Improving health outcomes in African nations requires not just boosting investment in
health, but strengthening the capacity of national health care delivery systems, according Read More…